Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My great expectations

I'm almost sure it's not going to be anything like expect it to be. I'm actually banking on it. 


I suppose I should say what I expect it is going to be like before I go. This way I can look back and be like...honey...you didn't have a clue...or maybe I did...who knows? I guess we will find out. 


*I expect to be walking or taking a bus every where. I know we are only going to have one car and me on the other side of the road right off the bat is NOT going to fly.


*I expect to not be doing anything work related (besides design work) for at least 6 months if not more. I also suspect I might actually miss Star West and working with my crew. 


*I expect to miss my food here. Especially Mexican.


*I expect to make lots of friends. (After the blog I read though...it seems to me that English women do not warm to Americans as well as I thought they would) This could be quite different than what I read in the "She's not from Yorkshire" blog. Village life could be entirely different. 


*I expect to feel like I am on vacation. Then...like a time bomb...it will hit me that I am no longer on vacation and I actually live there. I expect to be ridiculously California homesick. Especially in winter. I also expect to be homesick on Thanksgiving. I expect to miss every person I spend so much time with here. 


*I expect to be on my own for a great deal of time while Alex is working. I expect my midget sister to take good care of me and keep me occupied with my nieces. 


*I expect care packages from my dad. He knows what's up. I'll get all kinds of goodies. I'm hoping I don't miss a thing because of this.


*I expect to be freezing. I expect little light in winter and ample light in summer.


*I expect that I will be happy. I expect that I will grow and learn with this new adventure. I expect nothing more from broadening my horizons. 


*I expect that my husband will be all the comfort and security I could possibly need in his country as he did with me. 


*I expect to have a house and start on a kid by the end of April 2013. 


*I expect to travel all around Europe. Not right away obviously...but over time...the point is to see it all. 


*I expect Alex to want to eat tea at his mom's house a couple of nights a week and completely abandon me on Sundays to go to his auntie Min's for some alone time.




I'll come back with more I am sure. This great expectations post is a work in progress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment