Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! It's gonna be a big one!

Ok...let's talk about reasons why 2012 is BIG.

*A reunion of epic proportions is about to happen. Once upon a time I was in high school and I had my two bestest boys anybody could ever ask for. Well...its time to go watch one of them get hitched in Chicago. I am invited to the Bachelor Party. First and probably last one I will ever attend. When asked why I was coming...Ivan simply said...why is she NOT coming? She could drink us all under the table. Yes...I have a bit of dude in me and I'm entirely sure they had a big hand in me being not completely a girly girl and in my ability to drink them "under the table". It's in 10 days and I CAN'T WAIT!

*I am 8 months away from moving to England. I have never been away from my house for more than 3 weeks in 26 years. If you don't think this is a BIG change for me...well...you would be on acid. ;o) I am getting more anxious about it every day. This blog will be full of things that I get anxious, excited, nervous about...so stay tuned!

*I am 10 months and 25 days away from 30. I'm so close to being 3 decades old that I can taste it. My birthday also happens to fall on a Saturday. If you don't think I'm going all out and getting sloshed in a pub in England...well....you are sorely mistaken! ;o)

That's three pretty big things...I'm sure I have surprises in store as well...with every new year...I've learned that every year is full of surprises. Just like Forrest Gump says....its a box of chocolates. And you know how I love chocolates.

On to the resolutions:

*I am going to take better care of myself. I imagine that in about a year and a half or so I will be trying to get pregnant. So...I need to make a baby making vessel. :o)

*I am going to own Star West. And by own I mean make it my bitch. Last year I believe I had major resentment for Star West. A.) Because it stressed the shit out of me. B.) Been here way too long for something that was supposed to just be college job. But now with the end in sight...I want nothing more than to show it who's the boss...and to end on a very good note. (Even though I think I will always have a hand in Star West even after I have gone.)

*Save boat loads of money. I mean...truck loads.

*I need to not feel anxious about the move. Every now and then I scream inside and say NOOOOO! I can't leave. I feel sometimes like I can't breathe. Like I'm not going to accomplish everything I need to in order to move. Sometimes I wonder if I think I have this thing on lock and something will happen and the plans will be foiled again. I'm gonna miss my bed...and my puppy...and my family...and my friends. This is never going to help me move thinking like that and I need to focus on the good things that are going to come out of this move. A happier husband. A happier me. A baby. A house. A dog of my own. A new bed. My own couch that I get to pick out myself. A kitchen that is ALL mine with nobody else to mess it up but me. New friends. Spending time with my nieces and my sister and my brothers and my pops and my mama. New job. A different job. A job that challenges me to do something different. The years have flown by because I've been in a groove. I want to be thrown out of my comfort level. I want to stand up next to my husband on our own two feet and take the world head on. Living like I have been living isn't going to cut it anymore. Its comfortable and cushy and safe...I need this to not be the case.

*To blog...consistently. The reason why its important this year is because over the break from work...I read my moms journal from when she was young. She was so good about keeping it going. I want to have something where I can vent...or just blab about what's going on...I also want to keep a record of the stuff I did to move to England. I also want to keep my feelings some place where my kids could look back and check it out. This is going to be an interesting year...I can't wait to blog about it. ALL OF IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment